Wednesday, 15 August, 2001

Reminder:  Chocolate is Toxic to Dogs

My friend Jeff Duntemann read my August 9 entry about the dog eating a candy bar from Debra's purse and sent a note reminding me that chocolate--the primary ingredient in most candy bars--is toxic to dogs.  Fortunately the candy bar (actually it was one of those "sports bars") didn't contain any chocolate.  I don't know how much chocolate it takes to make a dog sick, but seeing as how our dogs are very small (the big one weighs a little less than 9 pounds) we tend to keep all chocolate away from them.