Wednesday, 15 August, 2001
Reminder: Chocolate is Toxic to Dogs
My friend Jeff Duntemann
read my August 9
entry about the dog eating a candy bar from Debra's purse and sent a note reminding me that chocolate--the primary ingredient in most candy bars--is toxic to dogs. Fortunately the candy bar (actually it was one of those "sports bars") didn't contain any chocolate. I don't know how much chocolate it takes to make a dog sick, but seeing as how our dogs are very small (the big one weighs a little less than 9 pounds) we tend to keep all
chocolate away from them.