Thursday, 07 August, 2003
Who wants to be a Governor?
I'm afraid to watch the late-night talk shows or other comedy television. I just know they're all milking this California recall thing for all its worth. "Vote for me if you want to live." "The Governator." I knew California was weird, but this one, to borrow a term from Senator Feinstein, is a carnival. Where else but California could you find the following running for Governor?
- a smut magazine publisher
- the biggest and smallest actors in Hollywood
- a former baseball commissioner
- a student government wanna-be
- a sexpot/stripper
- a software engineer (who's raising money by selling merchandise on the Web, including some thong underwear with her name on it)
- a guy whose platform seems to consist of "legalize ferrets"
- the Lieutenant Governor
- more than 200 other assorted wackos, crazies, and clueless idiots
I'll just sit back and watch the show. This is gonna be fun!