Tuesday, 30 November, 2004
Web Site Reports
Internet Explorer continues to lose ground to Firefox and other browsers, at least on my site. Since August, IE's share has dropped from 74.7% of visits to 66.4%. The interesting thing to me is that most of the difference isn't in Firefox (which went from 11.3% to 12.0%), but in Netscape and "unknown." Netscape was down in the noise until November. Mozilla has been in the 2.5% to 8% range. "Unknown" seems to be in the 7.5% to 9.0% range. Opera, Konqueror, and others each make up less than 2% of the total.
There hasn't been much change in the most popular search terms for my site. TriTryst, Marine Military Academy, Windows Help, and Cab compression all made the top ten. I was surprised by the number of search hits on "Thanksgiving beer" and "deer overpopulation."
There are some notable one-time search hits:
- I can't even imagine what the person who searched on "random booty" was looking for.
- "Mischel Wild," I've learned, is the screen name of a relatively new Eastern European porn star. I hope she changes her name.
- There are still quite a few people wondering how to dispose of a toilet, and I still don't have a good answer for them.
- Somebody was wondering "who discovered linux." Linux was invented by Linus Torvalds, and from the looks of things, more and more people are "discovering" it every day.
- Why would anybody want "random sausages?"
- If the person looking for "pit bull workout equipment" finds what he's looking for, I'd sure appreciate a note. Charlie could use to burn off a little extra energy.
- My favorite search term for the month has to be "how to stop smoking skunk."
- You have to wonder about somebody who's searching for "comical pictures of animals having sex." On second thought, maybe I don't want to spend too much time pondering that.
- I see that I'm not the only person who has had difficulty trying to "set the freaking time in linux."
- To the person wondering "where did the rabbits come from:" You see, you put a boy rabbit in the cage with a girl rabbit and pretty soon you have baby rabbits. . .