Monday, 31 January, 2005
Web Traffic Reports
I don't know what changed, but I got 33% more unique visitors to my site this month than last month. Incredibly, the daily average of visits for the last week is 80% higher than last month's daily average. My traffic has doubled since August of 2004.
Internet Explorer continues to lose ground to other browsers. This month I'm showing 65.7% for IE, 14.5% for Firefox, and 11.9% Unknown. Mozilla got 3.1%, and everything else was down in the noise under 2%.
There were 2,000 different search phrases used to access my site this month. Some examples:
- The funniest search term I've seen yet is "percentage of rat in mcdonalds burgers". I don't know if the person was really wondering if there was rat meat in the burgers or if he made a mistake typing "fat." In either case, I near busted a gut on that one.
- Back in October I said I didn't know what "ham so won nude" was. It turns out that Ham So-won is a Chinese actress and singer who created quite a stir last year with her two books of nude photos. Sorry, no links. You'll have to track down those pictures yourself.
- The idea that somebody was searching for "erotic breast feeding pictures" is somewhat disturbing.
- "gas powered shoes"?
- The only way I know of to "stop loud attic turbine" is to replace it. They're only $20 or so down at Home Depot, and even an amateur home hacker like me can replace one in under 15 minutes.
- For the person who was wondering "how to manage a prima donna", my advice is "fire his ass."
- "rabbits in ketchup"?
- For the person wondering "how long does it take for a toenail to regrow," I can say from experience that it takes between six months and a year.
- "bad smelly gas caused by not smoking"?
I'm mildly disappointed that my Web traffic reports only list 1,000 of the search terms. I'm sure to be missing a few laughs.