Tuesday, 01 March, 2005
I traveled to Harlingen, Texas last Friday for a fund raising event at the Marine Military Academy, and have been playing catch up ever since. So here I'll catch up on a few scattered items.
- I met the inventor of the CycleMorph Tandem Adapter last week while I was at the bike shop. Turn your mountain bike or hybrid bike into a tandem. This is a great way to get started in tandem cycling. Check it out.
- I like to think that most of my friends are reasonably bright, but I get a surprising number of urban legends emails from them that they apparently have sent in all seriousness. Is it too much to ask that people actually engage their brains for a minute or two before forwarding that message to once again warn me about the dangers of plug-in air fresheners?
- I'm still surprised by people who say they don't like Southwest Airlines' "no frills" service. I love it. In my experience, Southwest has the friendliest crews and the best on-time rate. Their prices have always been among the lowest and they've never lost one of my bags. I've never had a bad flight experience on Southwest Airlines. What's not to like?
- I try to refrain from foul language here, so I'll just let you make your own comments on this story. No. I'm really not going to comment on that.
- When a "researcher" claims that breast size determines personality, it's little wonder that people have come to distrust legitimate research findings. I think this guy has a fruit fixation. In any case, the article is so brief that it's hard to tell if there's any real science in the research.