Tuesday, 13 June, 2006
It's 4-1/2 months before my 45th birthday. As I mentioned previously, I am planning to do a birthday challenge. In keeping with the tradition of featuring the birthday number, I am working on a list of 45 things that I wish to accomplish over the 4.5 days around my birthday. My birthday is Friday, 27 October. I figure I'll start my challenge on Wednesday morning and complete it on Sunday evening. I haven't completed my list, but here are the big things:
- 4.5 kilometer swim (provided my shoulder will allow it)
- 45 kilometer run
- 45 kilometer (maybe 45 miles) mountain bike trail ride
- 450 kilometer road bike ride
- 4500 sit-ups (45 sets of 100)
- lift 45,000 lbs of weights
- raise $45,000 for Summer Camp Sponsorships at the Marine Military Academy
I'm still working on the list and expect to complete it soon. I will create a "birthday challenge" page here on my Web site, and also will announce the challenge over at birthdaychallenge.com. If you're interested in participating or helping out, send me an email: jim at mischel.com.
Oh, and if you're wondering why, read Why A Birthday Challenge.