Sunday, 02 July, 2006
Once more from the In box
- One of the funniest videos I've seen in a while is the machinima production real life vs internet. The disturbing part is that it's frighteningly true.
- The Extreme Diet Coke and Mentos Experiments also is quite entertaining. But then, I saw the humor in The Flaming Pop-Tart Experiment and Microwave Grape Racing.
- It's Tour de France time again, and people are hitting my site looking for webcast links. I'm not following the Tour as closely this year, so the only recommendation I can make is to visit the official site.
- Speaking of search terms, I got a very large number of hits last month on "liz hurley", and the only time I've mentioned her was in connection with the Aluminium Foil Deflector Beanie. Weird.
- In the week since I posted my entry about U3 it's received more than 50 search hits--all variations of "remove U3" or "uninstall U3." It'll be interesting to see if that continues.
- My Web site traffic is down quite a bit over the last few months. In March I had 5,647 unique visitors. That dropped to 3,961 in April, 3,823 in May, and 3,326 in June. The numbers for visits, pages, and hits also are down. I'm not sure to what I should attribute this decrease in traffic. The referral log spamming stopped a year ago, so that's not it. Perhaps I need to submit my site to the search engines again.