Tuesday, 23 December, 2003

Hallicrafters progress

I finished cleaning up my Hallicrafter's transmitter (see December 19) over the last few days, checked the fuse, and plugged into the Variac.  I took a good 6 hours to bring it up to full power, and was rewarded with a nice glow from all the vacuum tubes.  I took a few shots without the flash, but the tubes just didn't provide enough light to make a decent picture.  I guess there's still some use for analog cameras:  fast film.

I've gone about as far as I can without help.  It'll be next week before I can take it to a friend's house for further testing.